Tuesday 16 December 2014

Zoella and her book: Girl Online.


Zoe Sugg. A beautiful, funny, bubbly, cute girl that wrote a book and is now hated/disliked by many. Honestly, I don't know what the matter is with some, she is a first timer at writing professionally, she will need some help. I don't get some people's problems. If you were her, you would need someone there too, to help, now wouldn't you?

"On Monday, Girl Online‘s publisher Penguin told TIME in a statement that, “The factual accuracy of the matter is simply that Zoe Sugg did not write Girl Online on her own. For her first novel, Girl Online, Zoe has worked with an expert editorial team to help her bring to life her characters and experiences in a heartwarming and compelling story.”" -time.com

WORKED WITH AN EXPERT EDITORIAL TEAM. Expert. Team. As I said, she will have some trouble writing her first novel. All writers have editors. Even freaking J.K. Rowling.

It is said that the "ghostwriter" of the novel is The Sunday Times of London name Young British Adult writer Siobhan Curham, and she said:

I did have some issues with how the project was managed. Issues which I expressed on more than one occasion. Issues which I’m afraid I’m not allowed to go into. And issues which have nothing to do with Zoe. I’ve seen at first hand how caring and considerate Zoe is. I’ve been very impressed with how she finds ways to use her (completely unexpected) fame to help others, whether that be through her vlogs, blogs, books or becoming a digital ambassador for the mental health charity MIND.

and:
“Zoe Sugg chose to create a storyline that dealt with [issues such as cyber bullying, homophobia and anxiety] out of a desire to help her fans. And, when I was offered the opportunity to help Zoe, I also saw the opportunity to help get important and empowering messages across to her incredibly huge fan-base.”

Zoe is smart and beautiful and amazing, she has surely made my day and millions of other's. If you hurt Zoe, we will hurt you. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment